Space to Meet in San Marcos, TX
Just a few months ago crowded ballrooms, handshakes, high traffic touchpoints and buffet lunchbreaks were standard for conferences, meetings and events. But now, the thought musters up anxiety and uncertainty. Just because our traditional idea of these events are “so 2019,” doesn’t mean that navigating the ever-changing meeting requirements has to be overwhelming. The San Marcos team of conference center staff, event planners and the Convention & Visitor Bureau are dedicated to making your event special, seamless, and most importantly, safe!
What Can You Expect?
- Flexibility in pricing, space options and contract terms. Socially distant sets will be mapped out with your sales professional via Social Tables. This way you can tailor rooms to meet your meeting needs and ensure physical distancing requirements are being maintained.
- Seating capacities and floor plans will be reviewed on an event-by-event basis to ensure appropriate physical distancing according to state and local health authority guidelines based on availability.
- San Marcos CVB is your connection to health and safety measures instituted by the county and implemented by area business members.
- We can connect you to local resources to prepare your risk management strategy. Digital attendance builders and other services are available.
- Hotel check-in is minimal contact and guest rooms are cleaned, disinfected and inspected prior to each stay.
- Registration tables will have space reminders on the floor, hand sanitizer stations and stanchions at your request.
- Touch-free coffee breaks, prepackaged snacks and staff-served meals to disperse traffic and make mealtimes low contact.
- Staff are sanitizing frequent touchpoints every hour to make sure door handles, counters, etc. are as clean as possible for attendees.
- Signage around spaces promoting hand sanitizing and mask requirements.
- There are floor decals available for an easy safe distancing reminder.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be positioned around the conference center for attendees to use frequently.
What Do We Expect?
- Communicate with your attendees so they are aware of the safety requirements. We want all of our visitors to feel comfortable before and during their time in San Marcos.
- Attendees should be reminded to keep a distance from other attendees, wear masks and sanitize often.
- Encourage attendees who have any symptoms of illness to stay at home.
Do you have any questions? Give us a call (512) 393-5933! We will be happy to walk you through any questions or concerns you may have.