Projects affecting San Marcos traffic November 19-25, 2017
BLACK FRIDAY IH-35 RAMP CLOSURES: IH-35 Southbound Centerpoint Rd exit ramp (Exit 200) and Northbound McCarty Ln. exit ramp (Exit 201) will be closed from Thursday, Nov. 23 at 12 p.m. until Friday, Nov. 24 at 11 p.m. to accommodate Outlet Mall shopping traffic. City of San Marcos Transportation Dept., 512.393.8135.
PITT ST.: Road work is scheduled from Nov. 14 – Dec. 14. Watch for heavy equipment and construction workers on the street, and park vehicles off the street or they may be towed at owner’s expense. Please drive slowly, use caution in the work zone and obey traffic control flaggers. Daily work time will be from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday - Friday. City of San Marcos Street Dept., 512.393.8025.
GUADALUPE: Southbound Guadalupe will have outside lane closure at MLK from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Nov. 20 for emergency box culvert repair. City of San Marcos Transportation Dept., 512.393.8019.
OLIVE ST.: Road work is scheduled from Nov. 14, 2017 – Dec. 14, 2017. Watch for heavy equipment and construction workers on the street, and park vehicles off the street or they may be towed at owner’s expense. Please drive slowly, use caution in the work zone and obey traffic control flaggers. Daily work time will be from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday - Friday. City of San Marcos Street Dept., 512.393.8025.
N LBJ & HOLLAND ST.: N LBJ & Holland St. will be closed to all traffic from Thursday, Nov. 16 to Monday Nov. 20 for road repairs to the concrete collars on manholes and valve covers. Through traffic, including emergency vehicles, will be routed around the project limits; please follow the detours. Engineering/Capital Improvements, 512.393.8130
UHLAND RD.: Uhland Rd. 400 feet west of IH-35 will have single lane closure with flagger control from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 20 – 30 for water sewer installation. KIVA Inc, 512.295.8900
LP 82/AQUARENA SPRINGS: LP 82/Aquarena Springs between Charles Austin Dr. to Mill Street will have one lane closure 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Nov. 20-21. TxDOT 512. 832.7027.
NORTH ST: North St. between Vista and Woods will be closed from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 29 – Dec. 5 for roadway paving. West Hill Paving, 512. 353.1432.
DURANGO STREET: Durango Street between Jaurez St and Luciano Flores Street will be closed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily until Dec. 24 for reclaimed waterline project. Rockin Q Construction: 512.738.6666.
POST ROAD: The Blanco River Bridge was closed on July 24 for new bridge construction. Traffic needs to detour to alternative routes. Hays County.
EAST SAN ANTONIO STREET: Every Saturday from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Half a block of street closed from the alley to N. LBJ for the Farmers Market on the Square. Main Street Program, 512.393.8430
LONG TERM ROAD PROJECTS:
- MCKIE ST.: Mckie St. will be closed from IH-35 frontage Rd. to apartment entrance for Utility installation from July 24 to Dec. 1, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., Rockin Q Construction 512.738.6666
- N LBJ: From Holland St. to Camaro Way will be closed to through traffic until the fall of 2017. Road closure will occur during daytime construction hours. City contractor will be replacing utility lines in the area. Through traffic including Emergency Vehicles, will be routed around the project limits; please follow the detours. Engineering/Capital Improvements, 512.393.8130
- SESSOM DR: Various lane closures from N. LBJ to Aquarena Springs Dr. will run through January 2018 for road construction. City of San Marcos Engineering/CIP Dept., 512.393.8130
- LP 82/AQUARENA SPRINGS: TxDOT introduced a new traffic signal at the intersection of Post/Bobcat Feb. 15. Traffic will detour to the new signal until Spring 2018. TxDOT, 512.393.8130
- VISTA ST.: All lanes in both directions will be closed from 310 – 312 Vista Street for utility construction until July 31, 2018. Texas State University, 512.245.2202